Start a Ship
Before considering starting a ship, try this:
- See if there is a nearby ship you could join.
- Contact the Commanding Officer of your region’s Starbase to discuss connecting with regional events and volunteering to help the Starbase.
If you are thinking about starting a ship, Membership Services is here to help you.
- A local unit is not limited to being just a starship.Â It could be a planetary outpost, a ship yard, a research station, etc.Â However, local units cannot be starbases.
- You may leave NCC # blank if you wish Membership Services to recommend one for you, based on ship class.
- While local units can be commissioned with only 1 member, there must be 5 members on a unit in order for the unit to qualify for annual Fleet awards.
- The CO may receive a promotion, depending on the number of members that join the new ship.Â If a future CO already has a higher rank, they keep their current rank.
|Number of members||Commanding Officerâ€™s new rank|
|1-4||LTJG or 1LT|
|5-14||LT or MCAPT|
|15-29||LTCDR or MAJ|
|30+||CMDR or LTCOL|
Are you ready to Start Your Own Ship? Contact Us and select “Membership Services”.